Saturday, February 1, 2014

Slim Aarons

I have been obsessed with the American photographer Slim Aarons for many years now. His saturated photos of what he called "attractive people doing attractive things in attractive places" have been published in glossy magazines I remember looking at as a little girl & dreaming of fancy people. Magazines like Life, Town & Country, & Holiday featured his work as an example of the finer things in life.
Here is the piece I want to hang:
I have been researching the purchase and enlargement of one of his photos from a while and now I just have to pull the trigger and get it done. I imagine it spreading the huge blank wall in the living room. Maybe it could be 5' X 5'? Josh did a mock-up in Photoshop for me & here's what it would look like in our living room:
Love it- right?

Here are some others that make the choice very difficult:
 Poolside Gossip
Palm Springs circa 1970

Here is a fabulous baby nursery with a Poolside Gossip mural. It's amazing:

Although I would be happy with any one of these:



His work has been published in a handful of large coffee table books and they are to die for! They'll transport you:
  • A Wonderful Time: An Intimate Portrait of the Good Life (1974)
  • Slim Aarons: Once Upon a Time (2003)
  • Slim Aarons: A Place In the Sun (2005)
  • Poolside with Slim Aarons (2007)
  • Slim Aarons: La Dolce Vita (2012)

Slim Aarons
1916-2006

2 comments:

  1. L-O-V-E 'em. they would look great!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I found your blog and love it! Do you know where I can purchase a poolside gossip mural? mary@my-hometownrealty.com

    ReplyDelete