Thursday, August 27, 2009

The List Begins

















My good friend Whitney recently reminded me I have everything I need to be happy right in front to me. He is completely right. Beautiful, happy children, hardworking husband, loving family, endless material items, my health. Why has counting my blessings become so difficult? I remember Oprah's 'Gratitude Journal' (I ran out an bought a journal, but never got around to it). It's basically a daily run-down of what you are thankful for - even the smallest of things - like a 1/2 gallon of milk in the fridge so no need to run out to the store after work. Which - by the way - is HUGE to me. The thing is, if I attempt to keep a written journal, it starts to feel like homework and I will quit doing it. So, from this point forward, I am going to keep a 'Mental Gratitude Journal'. I'll put it up in my mind right next to my 'Happy Place' I created when I went to Biofeedback sessions for migraines.

No comments:

Post a Comment