Tuesday, April 9, 2013

Bertoia Barstool Update

So...I am learning my lesson slowly. When you buy such inexpensive knock-offs, you don't get white glove service. Duh. 2 days after I placed my order for the $135 stool, it arrived. No invoice or packing slip in box, in fact, absolutely no paperwork was included. I pulled it out of the box and soon realized it was the wrong height. It was a barstool, not a counter-height barstool which is what I needed. After several emails and phone messages left (I even posted on the dude's Facebook page), Jordan returned from a 10 day Passover break. 10 days? Really? He is obviously a one-man-show. Fed Ex picked up the wrong stool and the right one was delivered the next day. He knew I was about to disgrace him all over my "very popular mid-century modern blog" as I had threatened. 

So after all the nonsense settled, I do love my stool. It seems super sturdy, perfect height and finish. Compared to the certified Bertoia from Knoll, I'd say it looks pretty damn close:




No comments:

Post a Comment