We finally found a credenza. It was a good size, style and price. I wasn't sure about so many drawers, but it could work. The biggest appeal was that is was to be hung from the wall. I loved the idea of it hovering over the floor. Installation day: we realized we would need to find many studs to attach it to. It weighs a ton. Problem was, we were installing it on a wall that housed a pocket door- we found no studs. I jumped online & quickly found mid-century style legs, available in many lengths. They even installed the machine screws & and sold me the hardware needed for bottom of credenza- total cost of $68. See staining process below:
I set each leg upside-down on hunks of Play-Doh.
The stain was color and varnish all-in-one. I needed 2 coats.
Machine screws were already inserted.
Hardware installed & waiting for legs.