Wednesday, January 16, 2013

Chairs Done!

I finally had some time to re-cover my dining chair seats. I had already purchased the fabric with a super 50% off coupon from Joann's Fabrics. I set up my work table and began to remove the seats from the chair frames. Unfortunately, the chairs will very soon need to be tightened & glued.  They all seem to be a bit wobbly and creaky, but I couldn't wait. They are Craig's List chairs after all.

 I decided to leave the old fabric for a little extra padding. It actually went much faster than I expected. I just had to change staple size to accommodate for going through all the layers.


I generously sprayed each seat with Scotch Gard since I know how my kids eat...

 I hit a snag when I went to screw the seats back on. The holes were stripped out and the screws just spun around. I had to drill pilot holes and screw into fresh spots to secure seat to frame.

After & Before

1 comment: