Thursday, August 30, 2012

My Marathon Hour


This new school year brings me an extra hour of "free" time thanks to Beckett's later dismissal time. From 2:15 to 3:15 and have a new plan that will hopefully save my soul. I'm sure you're think I'll sneak in an hour of Yoga or finally start my Tracy Anderson Metamorphosis CDs you have all been hearing about for 2 years. Nope. I realized what will make my weekday afternoons and evenings at home with the kids significantly easier.

That hour I will spend at home racing against the clock to accomplish a multitude of things, which I can do since I multitask so God damn well. With that hour counting down I will: unload dishwasher, start dinner, put out table settings for kids to set table later, load of laundry, tidy up, walk Scout, make my bed if I hadn't already and oh yeah- use the bathroom - alone.

If you have these daily tasks already nailed down and figured out, well good for you. It helps me to put this hour's worth of duties down on virtual paper so it seems real and possible. I know I can do it. I did it yesterday and it changed my world. Homework started, dinner started, all without my attention being pulled in 8 directions.


So from 4:00-7:30 I'm hoping to build in a family walk, maybe a game night, a movie night and even sneak in some playtime. That's my Metamorphosis, Tracy.

No comments:

Post a Comment